Thursday, September 15, 2011

A crazy first three weeks!

Wow it's been a crazy first 3 weeks!  Earthquake, Hurricane, Flooding, and my 23 munchkins have been running me into the ground! So I haven't taken many pictures so far this year because well I haven't had any time but I thought I'd share a few of our little projects I had on my phone.
During the first week we have our Kissing Hand project. After reading the story we spend time retelling the story as a class. We had the Hershey kiss pre-cut and gave the kids the 3 sequencing pictures and a sheet of foil.  This one wasn't the best but I snapped a picture for a friend so it's what I've got! I also use a red marker and draw a heart in all students hands and send them off with a Hershey kiss. I got lots of emails that night from parents who loved the heart and the kiss their child brought home. :-)

Last week we explored the alphabet and made our Chicka Chicka Boom Boom trees!  They turned out great! We gave the kids 5 pre-cut leaves and coconuts. The kids then used tear art to make the tree trunk from brown paper. They then found the letters in their name from an alphabet sheet and made their name going up the coconut tree.

This week our focus was on Bears so we read Corduroy and made our own bears. We gave the kids pre-cut bears and taught the kids how to use a tracer and trace the overalls. This was a great test to see who can trace and cut. Of course we had to glue a button on to make it Corduroy! I have a huge box of buttons we use for math at the start of the year to practice sorting and the kids love playing with them. But to top off the end of this week, one of my more difficult children today, found a button on the floor during our reading lesson and then proceeded to stick it up his nose. Awesome.  I'm ready for the weekend is anyone with me?








1 comment:

  1. HHang in there! Eye on the prize! The first few weeks are a blur... Like child labor pain, it will fade and you will have amazing kiddos to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...